Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sounds from the back seat

I was driving home last week and all I heard from the back seat was laughing cooing and toy noise. It was wonderful to hear. I can't even explain how I felt. I never in my wildest dreams believed I would get pregnant nor did I ever imagine having a child. I started to cry because it was a joy to hear. I love having Ashton. He is a miracle that I thank God for every day. What a blessing that I have him. I am now that women that I never thought I would be. I am the one with the miracle child. I used to be so envious of those women. The one that couldn't get pregnant and then does. I understood their story (infertility) but I was jealous of them. I never thought I could be one of them. I thought God would not bless us with a child. Now, I thank God for him everyday. (Sorry for no paragraphs but with using the old computer-------- every time I hit enter it puts me down the page)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Heather,

Your story brings tears to my eyes and gives me hope, because right now I am that woman who is jealous of those who have their miracle babies, and who feels like she will never have her own. Even though the RE tells me I'm fine and normal and it's just a matter of time because conception takes longer with donor sperm, I just feel so hopeless sometimes. Every day I pray to God to make my body strong and healthy and ready to conceive when we start trying again. Sometimes I feel like those prayers go unheard, so then I just pray again that they will be heard, and answered. I remember the first time I ever read a message you posted on pregnancy weekly, and you were 19 weeks pregnant, at the same point you had been with Lorna when you lost her. I remember you were so nervous and worried, and now you have a baby who's nearly halfway to his first birthday. How blessed you are.

Jenna said...

I really love reading your post when you are talking about how happy you are to be a mom. It is truly amamzing and Ashton is truly a miracle from God.