Friday, December 05, 2008

Our babycicles are going to a good home

Carl and I decided that we are not going to try to have any more children so we had to decide what we were going to do with our babycicles. We couldn't sign the paperwork for them to be destroyed. We now know what wonderful children they could be. They may only be 6-8 cells but they are babies to us.

When we first started to think about adopting them we thought of the parents that we were going to give them to. We thought we wanted parents that had been married a long time (10 years). We wanted parents that had been trying to conceive for 5 years.

We posted a ad for them on miracles waiting web site for them. It is a web sight to help people with the aspects of adopting embryos and to help people find each other. I got about 75 responses to our ad. We found the couple there. I am happy for them and happy that they wanted all 9 of them. They want to try to have 2 babies from them. I thougt this to be wonderful. That if there are 2 then they are biologically related. I hope and pray that everything works out and that they have to beautiful babies. My prayers are with them.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That is awesome. I am glad that you guys were able to find a great couple.

Jen said...

What a miraculous gift you are giving, both to that couple and to the child(ren) to be born. Amazing.