Sunday, March 12, 2006

My first week back at Work

As you know I started back to work on the first of March. I put my name down for the switcher position ( the job I was doing before I left just at a different location) I double checked that my hire date and seniority had not been changed. Well, they had. I was in shock and very very upset to say the least. What this means is I have lost my vacation and if anyone should bid on the same job that has more seniority then me, I wouldn't get the job.

I talked to my manager about this since we thought and I was told that I would keep it. He thought so too. He made some calls to the head office in Greenbay and was told that he could influence this. He made up a letter and gave about 6 reasons as to why I should be reinstated. As of Friday my date hadn't changed yet in the computer but all verbal indications are that everything is ok and will be changed on Mon. We will see if not I will look for another job even though I did get the switcher position.

It has been a long week. It is very hard to get sleep. Ashton is still on a 3-4 hour eating schedule and since I am working the night shift it is hard anyway. My sister and niece came up Thursday and Friday so that I could get some sleep before work. My sister even cleaned my house for me on Friday. I love her so much. She is just a great women!

Sorry to say not much else is going on! We are trying to get into a pattern of life with Ashton. It has been hard but one that I am so grateful to be on!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I really hope they get that fixed.
I hope that you don't have to look for a new job, it would make it really hard with every other new thing going on.
I hope you are able to get some sleep, you are in my thoguhts.

Hugs,
Jenna

Sporty said...

I hope that they got everything taken care of for you Heather.

It really does suck having to come back to work...but it nice to go home afterwards and see the little one.

I know about the sleep/eat schedule. Samantha is up every 2-3 hours...mainly 3, but she has her days. I am doing pretty good without a lot of sleep...I seem to be bitchier when I do get sleep!

Take care and enjoy that precious little boy.