Saturday, July 14, 2007

Getting Excited

Carl's mother, brother and girlfriend will be here next Friday from England. I am so excited. I have never met his brother and Carl hasn't seen him in about 17 years. Carl's mother I have only met once before in 2002 (I think that was the year) It should be a great visit! Carl's sister Gail is coming up from Fl on Friday as well. I am going to have a house full! I need to get cleaning! I do hope that they have a great time while they are here and that they have a safe trip flying here! I can hardly wait to see them! Carl is on vacation the second week they are here but I couldn't get my vacation at the same time. I did get to have one day extra off while they are here. My shift isn't to bad though. I work 5am to 2pm so at least I will have all afternoon and evening with them.

We have been working 12 hour shifts again. It is good money but we only get to see each other for an hour or 2 a day. Carl feels like he doesn't get to see Ashton at all when we are on these shifts (he works the night and I work the day time). For me I just get tired and it takes so long for me to feel better after we are off of them.

Today my sister and family are going to Akron Oh for the All American Soap Box Derby Race. My sister is the director of the local race here in Martinsburg so she is going to support the winners. We placed 2nd and 3rd in the Masters Division but only the winner qualifies for the Akron Race. They had a big send off for them at McDonald's yesterday. They picked them up at the Mall and drove them to McDonalds via a 18 passenger stretch limo (expidition) It was fun for them. I took Ashton but he didn't like Ronald (LOL)He had a good time with all of the kids there. Hope we do well at the race. Last year, our local masters champ won the race. It was amazing! I do hope that we have another champ from Martinsburg. Good luck to them. I do hope they have a safe trip out there.

No comments: