Sunday, July 17, 2005

So we picked up the crib and furniture today for the baby's room

I know you all are thinking my God is that way to early to do!! Well, here is the story behind the crib in a nut shell. This is the one we had picked out and had on special order for Lorna. The order never got cancelled because the store never called and my father-in-law who is getting it for us never called to cancel either. The reason this all got missed was because we bought it the weekend before we found out Lorna had died. It was just something we forgot about. In June they called to say that it was in and we had 10 days to come pick it up. I told them what had happened. They don't do refunds just store credit so we went ahead and got the crib and stuff. We will need it right? Trying to be positive about this pregnancy!

My husband has been so superstitious lately. It has been terrible. He has now taking on the role of the worrier. He has been distant from this baby trying not to let his guard down ect. Not getting attached to it. Well, Friday I am hitting magic number 12 and I think it is hitting him that I am pregnant again. Anytime I say something like ouch or ooh I get the "What's wrong?"

Yesterday before picking up the crib we went to listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler. He couldn't find it. It had only been 5 minutes of searching and I could see the look on his face that was horrible. It was the look that he had with Lorna. I told him"Hey, you are trying to find a baby that is only 2 inches long!! Put it down and let me try!" As soon as the control was given over to me, I found the baby. What a relief! I think we may have to record Lorna's heartbeat off of that and then record this one so we can send it back!! I haven't made up my mind yet on them. It was wonderful to have. It is nice that anytime I am in a panic I can try but then again I have the remembrance of not finding a heartbeat once before.

I have another appointment on Friday with the dr so that I can go on vacation. I am doing well on the shots. I picked up the Lovenox on Friday at the pharmacy, I think that my insurance company will have something to say about it. For a 30 day supply, the cost was $981!! Not for us but the insurance will have to cover it!! I was totally shocked at the price. The heprin was about $100 a week. I won't be surprised if that one comes back to see if I can't be put on the Heprin again!!

On the Pregnancy weekly front congratulations to Heather M who got a BFP this week congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

It is so weird that you say that - I feel like my husband is alot more distant with this pregnancy - he hardly ever touches or rubs my stomach which he did from the beginning of both of my pregnancies before. Now with the cyst pain - he is really pulling away a bit - he is great about the pain - but we hardly talk about the baby at all.
I think it is a good idea that you got the crib - why spend months worrying when you can enjoy each day of the pregnancy?
Good luck to you Heather! Post pictures of the Crib!

Sporty said...

I agree with Jenn...post a pic of the crib so we can see how pretty it is. I think it is great that you have the crib. Good for you...almost at 12 weeks. I hit 11 tomorrow, so I am almost there myself. I swear it feels like it is never going to get here.

Also, I know what you mean about your husband being distant with this pg. After the m/c, my husband didn't want to think about me being pg this time...that was until we went to the u/s and he saw the little one squirming around and waving its little arms. That changed him.

Well, have a great week and if you need anything, let me know. Take care.

Liz said...

I also think it was a great idea to get the crib...it's just the beginning. I hope your DH's fears will decrease so he can start enjoying the pregnancy. Take care.

Ally said...

We can all understand why we all have fear now if and when we do get pregnant. I'm sure your husband's feelings will pass and that he'll be enjoying everything about this baby.

Can't wait to see the crib.