Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We heard the baby's heartbeat with the Home Doppler!!

I was sad all last week because my original due date was coming up with Lorna. I was due July 2. Friday, Carl and I were laying in bed and he asked me if I wanted to try to hear the baby's heartbeat. Friday I was 9 weeks pregnant. Well, we did! We found it within in 10 mins of searching and I really felt like Lorna gave me a gift from above. She was telling me not to worry about her sibling and not to worry about her due date. I felt so happy when we heard it. We only heard if for a couple of seconds until the baby moved. My husband didn't want to chase after him or her!

I made it thru Saturday ok. We kept busy and I kept my mind of the fact that I should be toting a newborn with me. I know she would have been born in June but God had other plans for her. We set off fireworks on Saturday night and it was just me and Carl all evening. It was a nice day.

Sunday we celebrated Carl's birthday with a surprise party for him. My best friend and his best friend are married and they did everything!! We set off more fireworks and had a really good time! I had a lot of fun.

Monday is Carl's birthday and he decided he wanted to go to Baltimore to see the fireworks on the Harbor. We took his parents and my 2 nephews and Talor and Lexie with us. Everyone was telling us we were nuts for taking the kids with us. I don't consider them kids anymore. Well not so much. They are 17, 14, 13, 12. Teenagers!! We ate at Phillips at the Harbor. We had them sing to Carl and another guy there it was his birthday too. He came up to Carl and asked how old he was before he stopped believing that the fireworks were set off for him!! We had a good laugh about that! Carl believe until his parents got divorced and he was carted off to England where they don't celebrate the 4th. The fireworks and dinner was wonderful

I did have spotting on the 4th. I just knew I was going to. I had a cyst appear just inside when I was pregnant with Lorna at 14 weeks. It ruptured and I spotted then too. I knew it had come back and I could see it this time. I figured with all the walking it would rupture. I just couldn't check until I got home. Well, that is exactly what it was. Thank God for that. Well ladies that was my holiday weekend. I have an appointment on Monday with the DR and I will be getting a u/s at that time. Hope all is well! Have a great hump day!

3 comments:

Melody said...

How exciting that you heard the heartbeat!! I am glad that your fourth and Carl's Birthday were fun. It's good that you had all of that to help you cope. I am sure some of those fireworks were from Lorna to you.
(((((BIG HUGS)))))

Liz said...

I'm so happy that you were able to hear the baby's heartbeat...it was a gift from Lorna. Glad you had a nice 4th and Carl enjoyed his bday. Can't wait to hear about your u/s.

Take care!

Ally said...

That is so great Heather...it must have been Lorna giving you a sweet gift. Waiting on your U/S girl...so let us know ASAP.