Sunday, September 11, 2005

Today is the day!!

I am 19 weeks and 2 days along. This is the day that I have been so scared of because this is the time that I lost Lorna at. I haven't posted much here or anywhere all week long just trying to deal with my nerves. I know that everything on the 2nd looked great with Ashton but they did with Lorna and we lost her 10 days later. So I have been using my doppler about 4x a day!! Just for reassurance and the DR even said that I could! Anyway, I woke up last night at 2am and checked to be sure he was still with us and he was. I woke up again at 7am and checked again and he is still here. Tomorrow I am treading on fresh waters! I do hope that I can let go of some of these fears and truly enjoy this pregnancy. When you have lost like we have the innocence of pregnancy is gone and fear of the unknown becomes what you think about.

4 comments:

Sporty said...

I am sorry that you have been so scared Heather. Everything is going to be fine and your little boy is going to be here in your arms before you know it.

I am glad that you have made it past this point....now, try to enjoy it! I know it is hard, but it is a great time!

Take care.

Liz said...

Heather, you've had a long journey and soon it will have a wonderful ending. I'm glad you made it and that Ashton is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hi it's Kim (pets4people) from the July Mommies board! I am so excited to hear you made it past Lorna's day. It won't be too long before little Ashton is in mommy's arms..... then you'll miss him in the belly! LOL

Jenn said...

I am so happy you have made it past this day...I can only imagine how scary it was for you to wait this long.

I would have the doppler strapped on me so I could listen all day!!!

Good luck to you....