Monday, November 07, 2005

My sister has set the date for my shower!

It is going to be December 3. I don't think it has really set in yet that this baby is coming soon. I am counting down the days!!

Went to church yesterday and it was our all saints sermon. Meaning the lesson is remembering those we have lost and those that are grieving. We get a chance to light a candle at the alter. I went up and lit one for Lorna. I cried. This is the 2nd time in a month our minister has made me cry at church. Grief is a funny thing. It truly never goes away and that person is always remembered. Lorna is forever apart of me and Carl and will never be forgotten. If it hadn't been for her, Ashton wouldn't have made it this far.

4 comments:

Sporty said...

Whoo hoo...baby shower time. My first one is Dec. 3rd too. Can't wait.

It is nice that you got to honor Lorna at church. She will always be in your mind and heart.

Take care.

Ally said...

WOW...shower time already. Time sure has flown by.

Have a great week!!

Liz said...

The shower already! I'm so glad things are going well for you. Take care!

Becky said...

Glad you were able to light a candle for sweet Lorna. A friend of mine lost her baby while she was pg and every year on his bday they light a number candle for his age and let him "blow it out from heaven" He would have been 4 and she still struggles with "Trey would have been doing this right now..." but she has two beautiful daughters that would not be here if it wasn't for him. He is ALWAYS with them and Lorna will always be with you.

Have fun at the shower!!! I secretly think baby showers are more fun than wedding showers....heeeheeeheee.....something about tiny socks and teeny onesies are just make my heart melt.