Monday, October 10, 2005

OK OK I didn't post all week!!!

I didn't have an exciting week until Friday. Friday comes along and we are having really hard rain! (left over Tammy) Anyway, our power goes out before I had breakfast so I am going into town to get something to eat. I get in the car and remember I don't have my insulin with me. Well, I get out of the car and lock it with the keys inside. Ok I didn't lock the house!! (I always lock but for some reason didn't) Well, my cell phone is in the car and we don't have a land line phone. All cordless. I walk to my neighbors house and ask to use her phone. It took me like 15 mins to get through to my Dad who happens to be a locksmith!!! Lucky me! He would probably would charge an arm and a leg. I live 17 miles from town!!! That was my exciting Friday!

Sunday I go to church and bawl through all of it! It was a day to recognize children in churches all around the world. My minister is an infertile herself. She had to have a ovary removed when she was 17 and the other doesn't work. She tells the story of accepting her infertility. This is something I hope that I don't ever have to do. She also is telling everyone to remember those children that God loved before they knew his name. I am thinking of Lorna and the water works begin.

She also tells a story of Ollie. This is a boy she met in Jamaica. He has Hydrocephalus. He is an orphanage that doesn't even have diapers. The caretakers tell her that he hasn't spoken but they are hopeful that he will. She is holding him and he says "Wah Wah" She says that everyone knows that means water! She gives him some water and he drinks and drinks. He then lays his head on her shoulder and says "Ma Ma" Ok might just be pregnancy hormones but now I am truly crying. I know I am starting to make a scene! The program ends with the number of children living in poverty in America, how many children are abused, how many women or teens can't afford prenatal care, how many children are born to teens. The list went on and on.

Yes in my sorrow there is great joy for the life that is growing inside of me but I can't help to think about all the children every where that don't have enough to eat or are abused. I don't understand why God allows this to happen. Why so many of us that want children can't or miscarry. God said bring the little children to him when it wasn't accepted to do this. Why does God allow bad things to happen to the children here? I know this question won't be answered but it is something that I think about a lot.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It is very easy to get into the "Why God let's these things happen" conversation - I have had it a thousand times myself. I wish I had an answer for you - but I don't.
I hope you are feeling well.