Monday, December 19, 2005

First trip to L&D!

Last night, one hour after dinner, my sugar was just a mere 38. It should be 70-140. Needless to say I wasn't feeling well at all. Well, Ashton decides he is going to sleep or hide from mommy and daddy. Carl was starting to panic so I used the doppler to let him feel better. Well, the heartbeat was there but it was slow. It was only 116. I still was calm about it. Carl wanted to go the Labor and delivery! I started to cry because I could see just how much in a panic he was in. I was crying because I didn't want to go and was thinking if I didn't go and things weren't ok then if we lost him everything would be my fault cause of this one decision. So needless to say off we went. Carl did apologize for making me feel so bad.

They did a stress test at the hospital. As soon as I was hooked to the machine, Ashton moved. I didn't give you a time frame so it was almost 3 hours total before I felt him move. Yes it was nerve wracking because Carl was so upset. After being hooked to the monitors and still seeing a hb of 120, Carl was still nervous about the heart rate. The dr came in and told us that as the baby gets older the base line heart rate does drop. She said it could go down to 110 and then they would want to see me. She said they will panic at 100! I still don't think Carl feels good about the 120. It has been true though. We started off with Ashton's heart rate in the 160's and we have slowly watched it as it dropped. HMMMM maybe we should send the doppler back now?? This morning he is back into the 130's. Carl wanted to know if we could stay at the hospital with the monitor on for the next 7 weeks!! I don't think this will be the last time we go to the hospital for us being just nervous. That is also what I told them when I checked.

5 comments:

Sporty said...

Glad that everything turned out OK Heather and that nothing was wrong. These little ones have a tendency to worry us to death and they aren't even here yet. Just think how it will be once we give birth!

Take care and good luck. Hopefully you won't have any more scares.

Liz said...

Oh Heather, I know that was so scary. I'm glad everything went well. Take care!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's so close to being time! Hang there! Come visit our all momma forum.... You'll probably see some familiar faces! http://www.themommazone.com

Heather said...

Heather I am so glad that everything turned out to be fine. I know how much that must have scared you. Take care of yourself!

Heather M.

Jenna said...

I am glad that everything is fine. I know you must be so nervous but before you know it Ashton will be here in your arms, healthy and amazing.

Merry Christmas!!!