Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Had an appt today!

Oops I did it again. I haven't updated! Shame on me. I have just been busy with the holiday and all. So here is the update.

We had a very nice holiday. Ashton got so many presents from our family! My mother kept asking Carl what he wanted and all he said was Ashton. My mother took it as stuff for Ashton. So on Christmas Day Carl had his shower! He was so happy.

He is still very nervous about whether or not we will be holding this baby in our arms. I will admit it, I am nervous too. After 12 years of trying to have a baby, the dream is almost here. We are scared that something will take it away from us. I guess that is what happens when you have been through all that we have been through during those years just trying to get to this point.
We are ready for him. We have his room done. My bags are packed. We are just counting down the days and waiting........ Hoping....... Praying........ That is what we have been up to I swear!

I had an appointment today. Everything looks great. Well, maybe not my weight!! LOL I have now gained 37 pounds. OUCH! I had it with the nurse practioner today. My Dr is out of town. I am measuring just fine. My urine looked good. No ketones, protein or sugar or whatever else they test if for. Everything was negative. I am starting to have non stress tests done. My next appt is Jan. 4, just a measly 8 days away and then I go back to the Dr every 3-4 days for the stress tests. They will measure the amount of amniotic fluid every now and again to make sure I am not losing any and that I am still producing fluid. I hope this makes time fly by. At least now you know I will be updating just to let everyone know how things are going.

I haven't been complaining about all my aches and pains! I am happy to have them. The only complaint that I am making is - "Is it FEB yet?" LOL

5 comments:

Liz said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas. I'm so happy things are going well with you. It's natural to have so many fears. I can't believe Ashton will be here in a month...YAY!!

Jenna said...

I am glad that you had a nice Christmas, I can't believe Ashton is almost here, it is so exciting. After 12 very long years I can't imagine how you and Carl are feeling.
I am so glad that everything is going great.

Sporty said...

Glad that you had a good Christmas. Try to enjoy the rest of the pregnancy. I know that it is hard, but look at how much better everything is looking. It is almost here. I know what you mean about thing is Feb here yet. I can't wait either.

I have you beat on the weight gain...I am over 40 lbs now. I feel like such a cow!

Have a great new year and be safe!

Take care.

Heather said...

Heather I am glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. The time really is flying by and Feb will be here before you know it! Then thank God March will be here for me!! Take care!

Heather M.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you are almost there!