Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Appt today

I had another NST today. Ashton was really active the first 30 minutes but kept knocking himself off of the monitor so they couldn't get the readings that they wanted. They want to see the rise and fall of his heart rate after a movement. After that the nurse readjusts the monitor and straps, and for the next 30 minutes, Ashton was asleep and not active. So the big news for the day was he failed today!

Since the test was a non reactive test, I got to have an ultrasound done. The Dr thought he looked wonderful. I got to see him but no pictures. Sorry. He is still a boy!! He was very proud of his stuff! He was moving when she put the u/s on. He was opening and closing his hand. He was also practice breathing. She said his muscle tone looked really good. I felt fine leaving the office!

I call Carl to tell his what had happened and well, pure panic set in. That is the best way to describe it. It rubbed off on me!! My mother says that sometimes I just shouldn't tell him things! I think it is boiling down to the fact that Carl is finally looking at we have 24 days left (to my due date) and Ashton may make it! I think he is still waiting for someone to pull the carpet out from under his feet and tell him to wake up that this has all been a dream. I think his mind is just now starting to accept him. His guard is coming down and the worry has now really set in.

I know the Dr wouldn't have let me go if there was something to worry about but that doesn't mean I won't worry. Just keep us in your prayers that the next 3 weeks (or sooner!!) go by quickly and smoothly!

6 comments:

Bitchy Witchy said...

Yeah! You are in the home stretch now. Congrats! I have a blog now too. SO you can see who has been messaging you all this time! Congrats and can't wait to here about Ashton's birth!

Jenna said...

Ashton will be here so soon!!! It is so exciting!! I am glad the appt went well and i hope the next 3 weeks go really fast.
It is great that Ashton is still moving so much, I know that must be a great comfort.

Liz said...

I can't beleive Ashton will be here so soon. Hope the next 3 weeks will go by fast and uneventful. Take care!

Heather said...

Girly, you are in the home stretch now!! My prayers are going up for you that the baby stays very healthy and that you and Dh can relax and enjoy these last few weeks. Take care!
Heather M.

Sunny Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I am about to begin my first IVF cycle and am scared to death! Your tribute to Lorna is very touching. What a beautiful baby! I came online hoping to find women who are experiencing the same struggle I am. Thanks so much for sharing! You've inspired me to document my journey as well! Here's my blog http://mystrugglewithinfertility.blogspot.com/

Good luck!

Sporty said...

You know that I am hoping they go by quickly for you! Everything is going to be fine and you will be holding him in your arms before you know it.

You all remain in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see some pics of him!

Take care.