Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ashton passed his first stress test!

I am going to start off by saying Happy New Year to everyone! I know I haven't updated since last week! Its funny I am on the net just don't seem to want to update the blog. There really isn't much going on to update about. I live a boring life!

Anyway, I had a non stress test today and a measurement of amniotic fluid as well. The NST is when they monitor the baby while he moves to make sure that his heart rate goes up with the movement and comes back down. If this test is bad it can signal that the placenta is starting to disintegrate which I could have because the gestational diabeties can cause it as well as the lupus anticoagulant that I have. I am happy to report that everything looks great with the placenta this way!

Ashton moved 27 times in 20 minutes! It was kind of funny cause everytime he moved he would move away from the monitor so they weren't getting to see the hb during the fall of the heartrate. I only had 4 times that the monitor picked up the heartbeat throughout the movement! I then went and had an u/s to measure the amniotic fluid and I am right at 35w5d!

I then see the Dr to go over the test results which were all good! I asked if she would let me go over 40 weeks and I found out some good news! She said that I would probably deliver at 39 weeks. The key word there is probably. She doesn't believe that I will go into labor on my own. She is going to measure him on the 20th of this month to see if he is large! With the gestational diabeties that might be. I was really happy.

I get out of the office and call Carl and well, as I am talking to him I start to cry. Our dream is so close to being a reality and it was the first time that I actually allowed myself to think that Ashton may be the one! It is scary and terrifying for us to be so close. So with me going at 39 weeks, that takes my days down from 30 days left to 23! I know it is only 7 days but it does sound better. My next NST is Saturday at Labor and Delivery and Carl says that he is going to go. I think he just wants to listen to him for 20 minutes.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Heather,
I am so glad that everything is going so great, it is so exciting, I can't believe that Ashton is going to be here so soon. Less than a month!!!!
I know it must be hard to believe and very exciting that Ashton will be here in 23 days!!!!! I hope that everything is ready!
Hugs,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

WOW! That brought tears to my eyes! I have been reading your blog for so long and can't wait for 23 days to go by to see this miracle!

Good wishes and many prayers!

Becky said...

Heather, I am so excited for you....i've been following your story. You've wited TOO long for this but obvioulsy God had a plan and REALLY wanted you to be ASHTON'S MOMMY!!!

Hope that L & D goes wonderful and smooth and you will be holding your sweet baby boy SOON!!

Jenn said...

I am so so happy for you - that is such wonderful news!!!!!! 23 more days - totally amazing - it has gone by so quickly.

Just think - in just over 3 weeks you will be holding your little one!!!

You are doing a terrific job Heather - keep up the good work!

Sporty said...

That is great news Heather! I am so happy that everything is going so well for you.

I hope that it continues to go smoothly.

Take care

Heather said...

Heather I am so glad that things are goign well for you and the baby and DH. It's only a matter of time now until you are holding the little one in your arms.

Heather M.

Liz said...

I'm so glad things are going well. I know it's hard to believe that after all this time your dream is coming true. 23 days to go.