Friday, March 04, 2005

I picked up Lorna's ashes Tuesday

The hospital called to tell me that her ashes were back. I thought it was a good day to pick them up. Tuesday was 3 weeks to the day that she left for Heaven. I was so nervous about picking her up. This is not how I wanted to bring our little girl home. I sat out in the parking lot of the hospital and took a whole bunch of breaths just trying to get my nerve up. I found that somewhere within myself was the strength to walk into the hospital.

I did a lot better than I had expected. I had to Go to L&D to get her. Why do hospitals do that? Why couldn't they have me pick her up somewhere else? I was glad that there wasn't anyone checking in. It would have just been terribly awkward. The nurses were nice and made sure that I was doing ok. My answer now when people ask me how I am doing is "I am learning to cope."

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Heather,
I am so sorry I can not imagine having to go to L & D to pick up your little girls ashes. I am so sorry and I can not imagine how hard it must have been. You are so strong. If you don't mind me asking have you decided what you are going to do with her? You are in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope that you can start trying again really soon. I hope that your Birthday is good. I know that it will be really hard, but I hope that you can find a little joy.
Jenna

Heather said...

Heather, I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. You must be very strong. But I do hope you can begin trying again real soon. Hugs and prayers!
Heather M.