Friday, April 22, 2005

What a week I have had!!

It has been a very rough week. In my last post I mentioned that I had breakthrough bleeding. Well of coarse I didn't stop. I called the office on Tuesday to let him know. The Dr decided to wait another day to see if I would get better. I know me and nothing comes quite that easy! I didn't stop bleeding so I called again on Wed. Nurse calls back and asks if I can come in. OK I am on my way.

I get to the office and I am getting an ultrasound done. He says "Everything is looking surpressed like it is suppose to when you are on the pill. The uterus lining is thin and is looking good. Your left ovary is doing nothing like we want it. Your right ovary is doing nothing. Oh wait a minute it is doing something." Never say "OH" to me I may just panic. He thinks the something is an endo cyst. I had the lap done in Feb. of 2004 to remove just that same thing in the same ovary. He says to me the worst case scenario he will remove the cyst at the office. Can you say OUCH? He doesn't think it will be in the way so he wants to go ahead with the IVF for me and sis.

He puts me on the estrogen patch. He says this should stop the bleeding in about 24 hours. Well 22 hours later I stop bleeding. I called the office (yes again) to let them know the bleeding had stopped. I joked with the receptionist that I had called everyday this week and I would be fine to not call tomorrow. Well guess what I had to do today? I had bleeding last night so it is now another patch for me. I am never ever going to say anything is boring again.

I am starting to get really excited about this attempt and so is my sis. I keep telling her that it may not work on the first try. She is so positive that it is going to work. I hope that she doesn't have a let down. She will be here Tuesday evening. Her appointment is on Wed and I took the day off from work to be with her. Knowing my sis, we will probably shop the rest of the day!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Heather it sounds like a very stressful and hard week. I hope the bleeding stops and everything will be able to go along as planned. I look forward to hearing all about your cycle as I might have to also do IVF. Have a great time shopping with your sister...it's always fun to shop.

Ally said...

Sounds like you're back on the right track. Youll feel better once your sister gets there.

Have fun with her. :)