Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sis and Me

We had our appointment yesterday! Our time was for 1040am and we left the drs office at 130pm! Can you believe that it took that long? Anyway, he talked over all the complications of pregnancy and made sure that my sis was willing to do this for me which of coarse she said she was. He did an exam on her. Did a pap and what not. He also did a sonohystogram. I had this done on the fourth of April. He found that she had a polyp in her uterus which he wants to see removed before he puts embryos in. UGHH! Can't we all just be normal. He said it wasn't a problem but it needed to be removed. OK. He finds a dr to do this but she has to schedule this. Ok now I am thinking about how much time are we wasting and my body wants to start cycling now!

He tells me to stop taking the pill and pull the patches off to cycle for 5 days. Why? Now I am really getting to think about time. Five days? How much longer will it be before we are ready? I am so impatient. I just want everything to work out. I want to be pregnant again. I want her to be pregnant too. Well, we get out of there go to the lab and all. Everything appears to be normal but this small little polyp. It is only 11 millimeters. That is smaller than the cyst that I have!

All of this new info has kept me up all night. Thinking, thinking. I hate when I can't sleep because the brain doesn't want to stop thinking! I have decided to go ahead and get on with the cycle and freeze the embryo's for her. It makes it a lot easier on all parties including the Drs because they don't have to cycle us together. I am no longer waiting to try and my sis can give her work a 7 day notice on absences. This means they won't count them against her. So that is the decision and as soon as I made it I felt better about everything. So tonight I will take the first shot of Lupron. Hope it doesn't take to long for my cycle to start. I am just so anxious to try again. Hope that I am making the right decision. What do you think?

3 comments:

Liz said...

It looks as if things are moving in the right direction. I know you are tired of waiting and are eager and anxious to start. I'm happy that you will be able to start very soon. Good luck and I look forward to hearing more about your experience...I'll be right behind you.

Ally said...

Heather,

I think you're making the right decision to freeze them. It will take the stress off of trying to cycle together.

I know you're anxious and I just want to wish you all the luck int he world.

Keep us posted on any progress.

Jenna said...

Heather,
I am so excited for you this upcoming month. I can't wait to hear all about it. You are in my thoughts.
Jenna