Monday, May 02, 2005

And so it begins...

Well I started my cycle on Friday. WHOO! Yea! I am so excited. My cycle also started with horrible cramps of coarse. I was on the pill. I know that is not normal but I am in no way normal. I called DR to let him know. I went for blood work on Sunday. The numbers look good and he put me on 125 of Follistim.

I trust my DR. I keep telling this to myself. He is trying to keep the hyper ovarian syndrome down to a minimal, but this dose makes me nervous. I was taking this dose when we were just using the IUI. I would only ever have 3 appear and mature. I am trying to stay calm and go with the flow. I am trying. I need to have more because I am trying this time for at least 6 embryos to be good. See how that can make me nervous? I am trying not to be. I trust my DR. I took my first shot of Follistim yesterday with the lupron shot too. I trust my DR.

2 comments:

Ally said...

Trusting yout doctor is so important. I'm sure he knows best. I really admire all that you'e done to accomplish your dream.

Hang in there. It just HAS to come true soon!!

Liz said...

I know you are excited to get started and of course worried about the quantity of follicles and eggs that you will produce. I know you are worried that the dose is low but your doctor thinks the dosage is high enough to produce lots of follicles. I'm glad you trust your doctor. All you can do is trust and have hope that everything will go smoothly and you will get your little baby.

I'm so glad that your cycle is starting and I can't wait until you get your BFP!